Yard Signs - $29
Questions? Call us toll-free at 1-800-556-3418!
How can the wrong sign hurt your MLS listing and chances of selling?
Agents represent 86% of real estate buyers. Those agents influence and often select the properties their buyers will see. When an agent sees a sign that says "By Owner" and a phone number like this:
Here is what agents will do:
- Get nervous and hope their buyer doesn't want to buy the home. When the agent sees a "by owner" sign they worry that they won't be paid a commission if their buyer buys the home. Even if they scheduled the showing a couple of hours ago the home could have been removed from the MLS already. Suddenly they are in danger of having their buyer want to buy a home where they might not get a commission. They immediately feel like anyone facing the possibility of not being paid for 2+ weeks of work.
- Cancel the showing or drive off without entering the home. Until recently, agents were trained to tell their buyers the home is no longer available in MLS and go on to the next showing. Many agents still do this. Agents were trained to do this because seeing a "by owner" sign meant that the home had been removed from MLS since the time they arranged the showing.
This explains the common occurrence of "drive offs" where the agent and buyer never make it out of the car, and they drive off to the next showing. Or showings of potentially interested buyers that are never scheduled at all.
For the small investment of getting an appropriate sign, it is well worth it. Unfortunately, some MLS listing companies let you learn about missed buyers the hard way--when it happens to your home.
When an agent sees this professional sign, with your phone number on it:
The agent knows:
- The home is still in MLS,
- The agent is welcome to bring their buyers, and
- The seller is a smart, savvy, person who understands the MLS and how agents work. Buyers without agents can still call your phone number and speak to you directly.
Since 86% of buyers use agents, being agent friendly gets you more showings, which makes your home sell faster and for a higher price. Using a "by owner" sign may also violate MLS rules and cause your listing to be removed and/or fined.
Important Note: Sign shown with optional custom printing. Not available in all areas.